Hello people, how are you doing? I hope you are all well. So I recently set a goal for my website that within the next year, I must drive it to profitability by using only legal sources and white hat SEO if possible. I have also set a target that after the first year of profitability, income from the second year will be used to reward my hard work…lol.. by purchasing 3 items from it and would also be used in purchasing foodstuffs and clothes for motherless babies homes.
The three items to be purchased are a brand new phone, a professional camera along with a bad-ass lens (what can I say, I am a photo enthusiast) and a brand new laptop.
Recall I did a comparison between Nikon and Canon a while ago. I eventually ended up purchasing a Nikon D5300 in a deal on ebay, and on receiving it I received quite a number of offers to purchase same from me, seeing that the retail price in Nigeria was quite expensive. The offers seemed irresistible at the time and I ended up yielding and selling it off.
So why am I writing this? The reason is to document my goals and provide my visitors with an update on the latest developments on reaching the set goals. I do not envisage that I will start advertising or marketing on this blog till mid 2017 as I look to build my traffic and gain repute with my visitors.
From next year I will start off with a quarterly report, updating you my esteemed visitors with my traffic numbers and sources. I hope though that I reach this goal. So to recap, the goals for this blog are as follows:
- Drive this website to profitability within a year from January 2017. Expense incurred to date on this website are as follows
- US$61.41, 5 year domain name hosting at Namecheap (15 September 2015)
- US$59.95 on Genesis Framework (29 October 2015);
- US$79 for Dynamik Website builder (29 October 2015);
- US$ 47.4 hosting package from Siteground (5 April 2016);
- US$103.9 for SEO (18 April 2016);
- US$147 for SEO (2May 2016);
- US$ 3.67 Amazon web service (9 May 2016;
- US$10.5 for logo design on fiverr (31 May 2016);
- US$30 Facebook ads for awareness (27 June 2016);
- US$117 for SEO (8 July 2016);
- US$313 for SEO (29 August 2016);
- US$50 for SEO (27 October 2016);
- US$85 for SEO (28 November 2016); and
- US$240 hosting package from Bluehost (20 March 2017)
- Total expense to date is US$1347.83
My website has been online for a year and I haven’t thought of monetizing it because I am trying to build my traffic and provide my readers with quality content before doing that. I hope that in the next 1 year though, I am able to cover the above costs and profit from it.
The second goal is:
- Get enough money from the website to purchase the following as a reward for my persistence and hard work (A year without making anything, but spending a lot on it and still treating it like your baby is not easy).
- A brand new phone;
- A bad-ass laptop
- A professional camera with lenses.
As a way of planning ahead for when the time comes (by God’s grace….lol…), I would dedicate this category to evaluating available candidates for the above. In this regard I will be reviewing the top 10 phones, top 10 laptops and top 5 cameras each from the top 3 professional camera brands as of today (Nikon, Canon and Sony), then pick a winner as the most probable option to purchase when reach my goals. I would be updating it though in line with new releases that are better candidates. Join me on this exciting journey, I hope that two years from now, I am able to purchase the above purely from the money made on this website.